U-SUE represents Defendants by defending the action in court and counterclaiming if required.
If you find yourself the Defendant in Alberta Small Claims Court, it is critical that you have proper representation. If you have been sued, you only have 20 days to respond from the date you have been served. Delaying a response can cost you money.
U-SUE has been representing clients in Small Claims Court for over 30 years. All to often, we see self-represented Plaintiffs and Defendants cost themselves money or lose their case due to inexperience and lack of knowledge of the law and the court process.
U-SUE can help you by:
- Providing affordable representation. Our flat rates are much lower than a law firm
- Ensuring your dispute note is drafted properly including a counterclaim if you are owed money
- Representing you at all court appearances
- Negotiating settlements
- Having frivolous lawsuits dismissed
- Having the matter transferred to the appropriate court location
- Guiding you through the process to save you time
- Setting aside a default judgment
- Suing a third party if they should be responsible.
Let us represent you and ensure you receive a fair result.
If you have been sued, do not delay, contact us today and we would be happy to provide you with a no-obligation evaluation of the claim with a recommendation on how to proceed.